A perfect fruity burst of true scrumptiousness.
For the pop tarts:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup salted butter, cold and cut into cubes
4-5 tablespoons ice water
1 cup apricot preserves
1 egg, beaten for brushing
For the mallow topping:
1 pack Peaches & Cream Happy Mallows
For the dough
1. In a food processor, mix together flour, sugar, and salt.
2. Add in cubed butter until the texture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Pour in ice water and pulse everything together until just combined. If dough is too dry, add in another tablespoon of water.
4. Form dough into 2 equal sized disks and wrap each with plastic wrap.
5. Place in fridge for at least 1 hour.
To assemble the pop tarts
6. Remove one of the doughs from the fridge. Place a large piece of plastic wrap over a work surface, then flour the surface and a rolling pin.
7. Working quickly, roll the dough out into a 10"x13" rectangle.
8. Using a ruler and a long knife, cut your dough into a perfect 9"x12" rectangle.
9. Then, cut your rectangle into 9 equal pieces, each 3"x4".
10. Transfer the rectangles to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each rectangle.
11. Once all 9 rectangles are moved onto the baking sheet, place the sheet in the freezer while you repeat the rolling & cutting process with the second half of the dough.
12. Once all of your dough is cut, preheat your oven to 180°C / Fan-Oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
13. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and brush the edges of each of the pop tart bases with the beaten egg wash.
14. Spoon a tablespoon of apricot preserve into the centre of each pop tart base.
15. Spread it slightly, but not too close to the edges.
16. Place the remaining dough over the filling of the pop tart.
17. Press down on the edges slightly to seal the dough together.
18. Then, using a fork, create indentations around the entire pop tart.
19. Brush the remaining egg wash over the pop tarts, then use a knife to create 1-2 air holes on the top.
20. Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
For the topping
21. Once the pop tarts are baked, it's time to add the topping! In the microwave on a low power, melt 3-4 peaches and cream mallows for about 10 second.
22. Stir immediately out of the microwave and spoon on top of the pop tarts.
23. Allow to cool and toast with a blowtorch for a campfire effect!