The most delicious, zesty, melt-in-the-mouth cupcakes. It's a super quick & easy recipe and just perfect for sharing around at a foodies party!
100g Butter, unsalted
100g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla extract
100g Self-raising Flour
1 Lemon, zested
100g Lemon Curd
100g Mini Mallows
1 pack Lemon Meringue Happy Mallows
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan-Oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
2. Sit 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully incorporated. If the mix starts to curdle add a little of the flour.
5. Fold in the flour and lemon zest until well combined.
6. Spoon into the cupcake cases.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and lightly springy.
8. Remove the cakes from the tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Once cooled, melt the mini mallows in the microwave for 10 second and add a dollop to each cupcake.
10. Then add a teaspoonful of lemon curd to the top of each cupcake.
11. Finish each cupcake off with a Happy Mallow Lemon Meringue Mallow and toast with a kitchen blowtorch.