There’s nothing better than a warm hug and for someone to tell you that everything is going to be okay – these salted caramel brownies give you that EXACT feeling. With the addition of our Salted Caramel marshmallows, these are every salted caramel lovers dream!
Thank you @RebakerMae for this delicious recipe! Make sure to head to her page now for many more scrumptious bakes and recipes.
Using only one bowl and a handful of ingredients that you’ll already have in your cupboards at home, these chocolate brownies couldn’t be any easier to make (you can thank me later!)
For the Brownies:
- 115g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Oil (I used olive oil, but sunflower or coconut oil could be used as an alternative)
- 225g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 65g Plain Flour
- 65g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 x Sweetly Salted Caramel Marshmallows from Happy Mallows, chopped into small pieces
OPTIONAL: Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter
- 50ml Double Cream
- A pinch of Flaked Salt
1. Preheat the oven 10 170C (fan) Grease and line an 8-inch square brownie tin. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, oil and sugar together and beat for a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for a further minute.
3. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Fold the dry ingredients until just combined.
Do not over mix as this will impact the texture of the brownies.
4. Add the chopped marshmallows and fold them into the mixture. You may wish to keep some aside to sprinkle on the top of the batter before baking.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin, sprinkle on the remaining marshmallows (if using) and place in the preheated oven for 12-25 minutes. (Personally, I prefer my brownies fudgy and gooey, but if you prefer them cakier then alter the cooking time to suit)
6. Check the brownies have cooked by inserting a metal skewer into the centre of the batter. It should come out clean when removed.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before turning out onto a wire cooling rack and slicing into 12 brownies.
The addition of the salted caramel sauce is optional. However, I couldn’t resist drizzling the brownies in it!
1. Add the sugar to a small saucepan over a medium heat and use a wooden spoon to stir. The sugar will clump together, but then turn to an amber coloured liquid.
2. Carefully add in the butter (the mixture may spit/bubble so make sure you stand back to prevent getting splattered and burnt)
3. Stir in the butter until it has completely melted.
4. Take the saucepan off the heat and pour in the cream. Again, this can bubble up so please be careful!
5. Stir until fully combined, sprinkle in a pinch of salt and leave to cool.
6. To serve, drizzle the brownies with the salted caramel sauce and top with some flaked salt.