Simply a beautiful combination of tastes and textures that make one utterly moreish ice cream sundae.
250ml whole milk
250ml double cream
1 pack Rhubarb and Custard Happy Mallows
4 egg yolks
125g caster sugar
1. Begin by gently heating the milk and cream together in a saucepan. Bring the mixture almost to the boil then add the mallows and stir until melted.
2. Beat the 4 egg yolks together with the caster sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Pour the cream mixture over the egg yolks and sugar. Stir until combined. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
4. Heat the custard-like mixture over a moderate heat, stirring almost continuously until it starts to thicken and thinly coats the back of a wooden spoon.
5. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl then leave to cool.
6. Once cool place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes before churning in an ice cream maker until almost frozen.
7. Transfer to a freezer-safe container with a lid. Freeze until required.
8. To serve, layer stewed rhubarb and crushed waffle cones in sundae bowls with the ice cream.