The perfect indulgent treats for sharing at parties and gatherings.
150g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
100g butter, chilled and cubed
50g caster sugar
1 pack Salted Caramel Happy Mallows
100g Dark Chocolate
Flaked Salt, for decoration
1. Heat the oven 170ºC.
2. Put the flour, butter and sugar into a mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine the ingredients until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, then squeeze until it comes together as a dough.
3. On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to ½ cm thick. Place in a lined baking tin. Use a fork to create imprints.
4. Chill the dough in the fridge for 20 mins, then bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 10 mins.
5. Melt the mallows and spread over the cooled shortbread. Place in the fridge to cool.
6. Melt the chocolate and spread evenly over the mallow. Sprinkle with flaked salt and allow to cool.
Cut into fingers using a hot knife.