Cookies and hot chocolate… what could be more perfect on a cold winters day?
The wonderful SpamellaB has created this delicious recipe to help you enjoy the festive period the right way. We’ve also teamed up with the wonderful people at Montezuma's for this recipe!
300ml milk of your choice
1-2 Montezuma’s Nutmeg Drinking Chocolate disc(s)
Pinch of cinnamon
3 Happy Mallows Cinnamon Churros marshmallows
For the cookies:
100g brown rice flour
40g coconut sugar
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2-3 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon coconut oil
30g Montezuma’s Dark Chocolate – The Happy Christmas Space Hopper Milk Chocolate & Orange Bar would be ideal!
Festive sugar sprinkles and edible glitter spray
1. First make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a large baking sheet
2. Place the ingredients into a blender blender and pulse quite a few times to help break down the oats and so the mixture comes together. Roll into a large bowl then tip out onto a floured surface and roll out. Cut into small tree and gingerbread men shapes (note: this quantity will make plenty of biscuits!) and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and leave to cool.
3. Gently melt the coconut oil and chocolate then decorate your cookies by spooning over a little chocolate over and adding sprinkles on top, as well as a little edible glitter if you wish. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Now make the hot chocolate: Heat your milk of choice then whisk in chocolate disk(s) for a minute or two until totally melted and add the cinnamon.
5. Pour into a glass or mason jar, top with the marshmallows and add a couple of cookies on top, they will all melt deliciously into your hot chocolate for extra richness!
#HappyMallows #HappyMallowsBlog #Montezumas #MontezumasBlog #RecipeCollaboration #Cheeky #Cinnamon #HotChocolate #LuxuryHotCocoa #Marshmallow #FlavourCombination #MallowFun #EasyRecipe #ChristmasCreation #WinterWarmer